To dye Eggs naturally you’ll need:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Turmeric – for Yellow
- 3 cups Red Cabbage shredded – for Blue
- 2 cups grated beets – for Pink
- 2 cups of white onion skins (about 2 small bags of onions) – for Orange
- White Vinegar – 2 tablespoons for each colour
- pots for boiling
- bowls for soaking
- Add each of your coloring ingredients (onion skins, cabbage etc.) into a pot and cover with enough water, you need enough that at least an inch of water is over the ingredients. Many of them float so make sure you’ve got enough water that you can get a good boil going. Minimum 2 cups.
- Let pots boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Boil your desired number of eggs. Let cool.
- Let colour mixtures cool until room temperature.
- Strain the onion skins, cabbage, beets, turmeric, out of the liquid while transferring liquid to bowls that can go in the fridge.
- Add two tbsp of white vinegar to each colour.
- Submerge eggs so they’re fully covered. Let sit (ideally) overnight in the fridge for a deep colour.